Her Majesty's Passport Office
HM Passport Office Fees were last revised 2018
Check and Send Service available at our office ONLY £21.60 +p&p for U.K. Passports only.
1 of 5
Visa World are daily visitors to Her Majesty's Passport Office.
They are committed to provide you with a speedy, friendly and personal service on an individual basis and they can also process any visa applications that you may require to visit other countries.
Your application for a Full British Passport will be trackable and traceable from the moment it is received by Visa World, whilst it is being processed at the Passport Office and until you receive your completed order. This maintains control, which is the basis of reliable delivery on time.
A Visa World Specialist Passport Processing Agent will contact you personally by telephone on the same day that your order or application is received, should there be any query.
Each application is checked for minimum requirements before submission.
Time is actually budgeted to allow for a skilled inspection of all the important sections that are known to be problematic if either the content or presentation are not both exactly as required.
A Visa World Courier will then lodge your application by hand at the Visa World special agency section in the London Passport Office. A passport officer will then check it again before it is accepted.
When your application has been processed, a Visa World Courier will then collect your completed documents from Her Majesty's Passport Office and return them by hand to the Visa World offices.
2 of 5
Passport applications are not straightforward ~ which is why there is a 28 page A5 booklet of notes, instructions and guidelines that accompanies each 4 page A4 passport application form.
Using the services of Visa World will avoid the unnecessary delays that are caused by submitting applications:~
~ which are incomplete;
~ where the photographs do not meet the latest requirements;
~ where the answers do not satisfy at least the minimum requirements;
~ where the answers given have not been expressed or presented exactly as required;
~ where the statement given by the counter signatory is not presented exactly as required;
~ where other information supplied has not been expressed or presented exactly as required;
~ where the supporting and back-up documents do not satisfy at least the minimum requirements.
Visa World will also save you any concern about the safety of sending off your old passport and/or your application for a new one and you will avoid the anxiety of having your important supporting documents returned to you by ordinary second-class post and wondering when (and if) your new passport will arrive and whether or not it will arrive in time.
Unfortunately there are regular occurrences of passports being lost or stolen in the ordinary post.
You will also save the considerable inconvenience of having to go yourself in person to apply for your passport and having to go again yourself in person to collect your passport.
> Her Majesty's Passport Office will not hand over your new passport to any family member or any representative you may appoint or to a third party unless special arrangements have been made.
>> The special arrangements also have to be communicated successfully to the collection office which is not in the same place where applications are made at Her Majesty's Passport Office.
>>> The collection office is in a completely separate office building entrance in a different street.
3 of 5
Benefits of using a professional services to renew your passport at Her Majesty's Passport Office
By using the services of Visa World, you will save all the hassle, inconvenience and worry of: ~
~ arranging an appointment that suits you;
~ ~ ~ having the right documents;
~ ~ ~ ~ and especially having the right documents completed and signed exactly as required;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ time out;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ travel time and travel costs;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ the congestion charge and parking costs;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ finding a parking meter or a car park;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ queuing to pass through very thorough 'airport type' security;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waiting time to lodge your application (yes, you still have to queue);
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ the same again on another day to collect;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waiting again, the collection queues are usually much longer;
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ and above all, you will have peace of mind.
4 of 5
The horrendous cost of a passport these days makes the Visa World service charge an insignificant extra and exceptional value for money which will save you all the hassle, time, inconvenience and worry in exchange for Peace of Mind.
5 of 5
You might like to know there are also these UK Passports with status
British Dependent Territories Citizen
British National Overseas
British Overseas Citizen
British Protected Person
and 5 types of UK Travel Documents designated
Blue = Refugee
Red = Stateless Person
Black = Certificate of Travel
Brown = Certificate of Identity
Paper = Declaration of Identity
as well as a
The Visa World Service Charge is the same for any service
except for Same Day passports (if required and if available)
~ As much notice as possible is of course advisable ~
Visa World do not charge extra for Next Day passports unless a Dedicated Courier is required.
IMPORTANT ~ Form C1 is not acceptable as this is provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for use when applying abroad at a British Embassy, British High Commission or British Consulate overseas.
The correct form is the latest version supplied by Her Majesty's Passport Office available at all major post offices.
The applicant has to be in the UK on the day and at the time we submit the application at HM Passport.
The following are required:
(1). One passport application form fully completed as appropriate. Passport application forms are obtainable from Visa World or from most main post offices.
~ If you want Visa World to provide the forms, please order as required by using the order form.
~ You may order by post,, personal visit, telephone or via email, as you prefer.
~ A deposit will be required to start the order process and check forms.
(2). Two colour photographs which must comply with the latest passport office criteria.
# If necessary, one photograph is to be countersigned as per question 10 of the form.
(3). One Authority to Collect Letter completed (must be typed no hand written forms) and signed. This is required by HM Passport Office.
(4). One completed Visa World Order Form which helps us to do a good job.
(5). The expiring passport if any unless lost or stolen.
(6). All supporting documents as required and if necessary. If the need occurs and when required, Visa World can:
~ obtain a Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate;
~ arrange for the Translation of any document;
~ arrange for the Legalization and/or Notarisation of documents;
~ provide a specimen of a supporting letter showing the content, layout and presentation required.
(7). The correct payment to cover
(a) ~ the relevant passport fee;
(b) ~ the relevant Visa World service charge; and
(c) ~ the relevant method of return dispatch you require.
Make one total payment payable to "Visa World"
~ or ~
complete the card payment facility on the Visa World Order Form.
Please send all of the above to:
526-528 Watford Way
If you are posting important passport documents to us we recommend that you use the Royal Mail Special Delivery service which is available from any Post Office. Keep the Post Office receipt until you confirm that we have safe delivery.
or you may visit us in person or arrange delivery to the Visa World offices at the same address in Mill Hill
Please pre-complete our order form and bring it along with you.
This order form is a check-list component that aids our efficiency.
It will help us to give you better assistance and a speedier service.
- For urgent orders we require your firm order as soon as possible in order to schedule the application into our appointment slots. At busy times, appointment slots are filled very quickly and it is not always possible to simply slip another one in.
We do not charge extra for urgent orders but we do require a non-refundable deposit, or a non-cancellable confirmed order from an account customer, before we are able to allocate an appointment slot.
Please complete our order form and email it to us with your card details or you may telephone us if you prefer ~ 020 8959 6161. If you have some of the details of the previous passport this may be helpful but do not delay your order as the details are not essential if you do not have them to hand.
- The facility for Same Day passports is not always available so prior arrangement is always advisable. If required and when available, please allow for up to four hours Waiting Time plus, if also required or if it is necessary, a Dedicated Courier (VIP Service), in addition to our standard service charge.
- Visa World do not charge extra for Next Day passports unless a Dedicated Courier is required.
- Visa World can advise you on the criteria and requirements necessary to obtain a 'Second Passport' or a further additional passport, if needed. Many clients of Visa World have more than one passport.
- Make all payments to "Visa World" and not to HM Passport Office. They will not accept your cheque.
- Do not send passport wallets. HM Passport Office does not like them and there is a risk of loss.
- Please enclose a self-addressed envelope. This eliminates any misreading of individual addresses and any confusion as to whether the completed documents are to be returned direct to the traveller or to the travel agent or to the company address. The envelope does not have to be stamped or postage paid and it needs to be only large enough for the return of your passport/s and any supporting documents that are returnable. The Post Office and Royal Mail prefer a size C5 envelope.
- Once an order is received, a Job No. is generated for reference and tracking purposes.
- It is most important that this Job No. is quoted on every communication and especially when you are SENDING DOCUMENTS to us. For fast-track attention it is best to also quote the Job No. at the bottom left corner of the envelope.
Failure to quote the Job No. WILL CAUSE DELAY and may also result in double job processing caused by the creation of a duplicate file with a different Job No. (very dangerous) and charging twice in error, which will in turn incur extra costs.
Also, when you make a telephone enquiry, we will be able to update you quicker if the Job No. can be mentioned if we need to ask for it.
- A Full British Passport is normally valid for ten years for an adult aged 16 years and over, and for five years for a child under age 16. There are occasions when a passport is issued with restricted validity. The issuance and validity of a British passport is at the discretion of Her Majesty's Passport Office.
POINTS to REMEMBER
- Travel arrangements should not be confirmed until the required passport, visa or travel authority is obtained.
>>>> If you need Travel Insurance, do compare ours for cover and value.
- Most countries require a passport valid for not less than six months beyond the intended stay.
- Many embassies are unable to issue a visa unless there are two facing blank pages available in the passport.
- We have been visiting Her Majesty's Passport Office almost daily since 1991 and are well placed to provide solutions for unexpected emergencies.
- If the need occurs we can also advise on the criteria and requirements necessary to apply for a second passport and even a third or a fourth passport up to the maximum eight allowable. Many of our clients have more than one passport.
- Visa World have 24 hour telephone, fax and mobile contact numbers available direct to their 24hr duty manager should they ever be needed in an emergency or for any reason in connection with a job in progress.
How to Order a Full British Passport ~ updated 16th August 2018